söndag 10 januari 2016

Sluggo Beat XP - WIP - Navigation

Ahhh... Responsive navigation menu. My Nemesis. My shadow. My agony.  I've done dozens of them and they are different everytime. None of them works flawlessly. 

Navigation is The Great Blue of webdev - big, deep and endless. There is help to get - if you have the time and put som effort to it - but for me none of them fits like I wanted them to. 

Time to develop a real tesponsive navigation -  Sluggo Hotdish...



The Vision of Sluggo Hotdish
My vision for Sluggo Hotdish (besides the responsive part):

1. Easy to use
2. Easy to integrate
3. Easy to maintain

Easy to use
The easy to use issue is the most important part in every Sluggo product. I know by experince the power of easy to use. The user often wants a quick and solid solution and that's what Sluggo is all about. 

The markup must be easy to understand and the input from the user must be well documented and semantic. 

I work very hard to make smartness in the script and not force the user to understand what they should do with the snippets. 

Easy to integrate
My goal is the make it easy to Copy & Paste the codes. I prefer snippets that gives me an instant solution of my problem. 

I don't have time to read pages and complicated examples, when all I want is an easy integration. 

Sluggo Hotdish will be easy to use by itself and to be a part of the Sluggo Family. 

Easy to maintain
This on is mostly for for me. Sometimes things can be better and by that time I don't want to rewrite the whole code ( if it's not necessary). 

It's not only important to make a userfriendly product, it's also important to make you friend to yourself. 

You won't hate yourself when you want to update the code because you know that the code is well written and easy to follow. 



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar